Renewable energy technologies, such as wind turbines and solar PV, are increasingly being deployed. Supply of renewable energy, however, often does not match the current demand at various timescales. During high generation periods, the excess energy is lost which could have been stored and used during high demand periods. Furthermore, when the supply level is too high, electrical grids could become unstable which lead to damaging to the electricity network. AquaBattery aims to solve this problem by providing safe, sustainable and scalable energy storage technologies.
Who are we?
AquaBattery is a clean-tech startup consisting of highly-motivated, high-profile, and experienced engineers keen to develop sustainable energy storage technologies. We have developed a battery that can store electricity using only water and table-salt (i.e. storing electricity in salt concentration differences) called the Blue Battery. This battery system can help solve some of today’s energy storage problems in a clean, safe and sustainable manner. To be able to service a diverse variety of markets we are also developing: (1)The Green Battery which is also salt water-based system in which the energy is stored in mild acid and base leading to higher energy densities while being safe and clean and (2)TerraBattery, a more conventional type battery, which is environmental friendly, safe, robust and completely recyclable.
What can you expect and who are you?
At AquaBattery you will be working in an energetic and dynamic environment with a team of professionals. You will have the opportunity to learn about energy storage technologies and explore the dynamic and quickly moving energy market. You can expect supervision and coaching and receive compensation for your work. Does this spark your enthusiasm? Come and join us if you:
- Are a student registered at a Dutch university (HBO/WO) pursuing a business degree with an affinity for renewable energy
- Are a Dutch & English speaking person
- Are flexible in working hours and activities
- Work accurately and are critical of your own and other people’s work
- Are good at working together (both internally and externally)
You will be working in a team to perform an economic feasibility study to map out the needs and requirements of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) in terms of energy storage. We would like to understand the local conditions and the willingness to accept sustainable energy storage technologies in the UAE. You will conduct market research and find potential customers for the TerraBattery in the said market. After the market research, we would like to create business models from the obtained data which will be compiled in an end report. As part of the AquaBattery team, you have the opportunity to come up with your own ideas to improve our business models.
- List of certification requirements for the deployment of our sustainable energy storage systems;
- Research on the economic feasibility regarding the 5 P’s;
- Research on the distribution model in the UAE;
- Research on the expected political obstacles when exporting and marketing our technologies in the UAE;
- Research on governmental incentives regarding sustainable energy storage systems;
- Competition analysis and market research;
- Report on economic outlook in UAE in terms of energy storage;
- Report on the financial impact of intermittent renewable energy sources by implementing our energy storage systems.
Duration: 3-6+ months | Location: Leiderdorp
Website: www.aquabattery.nl | Tel. 0639656609 (call between 9-16hrs)
Acquisitie wordt niet op prijs gesteld!