About the role
As a Control system engineer at AquaBattery, you will work with a team of scientists, engineers, and developers on developing a flow battery that works based on water and salt. We are currently expanding the team as we develop our product to commercialization from our brand-new office, workshop and lab in Alphen a/d Rijn. You will work together with a multidisciplinary team of engineers and researchers to design, assemble, and test our innovative membrane stack and the auxiliary equipment that turn these stacks into a functioning product.
You will be working on the control system for our flow battery that is under development, as well as the automation of research setups and quality control for the R&D team.
You collaborate with colleagues and manufacturing partners to build, test, and commission the machines you design with the team.
What you’ll be doing
- Create and maintain a software system that enable a user to operate the battery system. This includes the Battery management, GUI, and communication.
- Create and maintain software for quality control and diagnostics of newly built membrane stacks and lab setups.
- Collaborating with the engineering team to make prototypes and tests of designs
- Manage the company’s codebase, enabling collaboration in software.
We expect from you:
- HBO/BSc./MSc. degree in Electrical engineering, Embedded systems, Mechatronics, Computer science (with an affinity for electronics) or similar.
- Experience programming in Python, C++ and/or PLC software
- Experience managing projects with GitHub
- (Near-) fluent in English, both spoken and written
- Specify and select control system components based on user requirements
- Experience with HMI systems, Industrial Networks, VFD’s
- Knowledge of network services – this includes LAN, WAN, WLAN, VPN, and more.
- You work accurately, safely, and carefully. You are critical of your own and your colleagues’ work.
The following is considered a plus:
- >2 years of industry experience
- Experience with safety of installations and/or certification
- Proficient in Dutch, both spoken and written
- Experience setting up and handling critical equipment and software for safety monitoring of the product and workshop
- An affinity with many different disciplines such as mechanical-, materials-, process-, (electro)chemical-, electrical-, and software engineering
Unfortunately, this vacancy is filled. Send us a open application!
About our company
AQUABATTERY is a climate-tech start-up, based in the Netherlands. Our vision is to empower the transition to net-zero by providing the world’s most scalable, sustainable and safe long duration energy storage solution. We do so through our revolutionary technology, which enables the storage of electricity in just saltwater. The world will need high volumes of energy storage to enable reliance on renewable energy sources like solar PV and wind energy, even if the sun does not shine or the wind does not blow. Our technology has been successfully demonstrated through several pilot installations in the Netherlands and in Italy. Our international team reinforces our impact-focused culture every day; taking on challenges and celebrating successes together. If you are excited to know more, check out our open positions to join the ride!