Renewable energy technologies, such as wind turbines and solar PV, are increasingly being deployed. Supply of renewable energy, however, often does not match the current demand at various timescales. During high generation periods, the excess energy is lost which could have been stored and used during high demand periods. Furthermore, when the supply level is too high, electrical grids could become unstable which lead to damaging to the electricity network. AquaBattery aims to solve this problem by providing safe, sustainable and scalable energy storage technologies.
Who are we?
AquaBattery is a clean-tech startup consisting of highly-motivated, high-profile, and experienced engineers keen to develop sustainable energy storage technologies. We have developed a battery that can store electricity using only water and table-salt (i.e. storing electricity in salt concentration differences) called the Blue Battery. This battery system can help solve some of today’s energy storage problems in a clean, safe and sustainable manner. To be able to service a diverse variety of markets we are also developing: (1)The Green Battery which is also salt water-based system in which the energy is stored in mild acid and base leading to higher energy densities while being safe and clean and (2)TerraBattery, a more conventional type battery, which is environmental friendly, safe, robust and completely recyclable.
What can you expect and who are you?
At AquaBattery you will be working in an energetic and dynamic environment with a team of professionals. You will have the opportunity to learn about energy storage technologies. You can expect supervision and receive compensation for your work. Does this spark your enthusiasm? Come and join us if you:
- Are a student registered at a Dutch university (HBO/WO) pursuing a computer sciences degree
- Have experience with computer networks, data management and systems maintenance
- Have experience with IoT (internet of things), MQTT (Message Queuing Telemetry Transport), or similar protocols
- You are flexible in working hours and activities
- You work accurately and are critical of your own and other people’s work
- You work independently and give attention to detail
- You are good at working together (both internally and externally)
- You speak and write English
One of the crucial parts of developing a battery system is obtaining and analysing data from different scales of operation like the lab, pilot and commercial. This data is useful for further optimization resulting in further development of the product. You will be setting up secure networks for acquiring, storing and disaster recovery of data from various locations, both local and global. You will also devise protocols for maintenance and security of these networks going ahead.
- Secure network setup for various pilot locations (local and global) for obtaining data
- Setting up databases for storage and ease of access to the obtained data
- Protocols for disaster recovery, maintenance and security
Contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org |
Website: www.aquabattery.nl | Tel. 0639656609 (call between 9-16hrs)